Sunday, April 12, 2020

Prattville Dragoons Camp 1524 Chaplain's Column for April 2020


Chaplain’s Column  - A Refuge in This Time of Trepidation
The Japanese have an old saying, “may you live in interesting times.” I think these last few weeks, and weeks to come certainly qualify.
       I try to stay off social media as much as possible, but when I do venture forth, I see a lot of fear and trepidation. Interestingly enough, the Christian Post reports that “Record low number of Americans hold biblical worldview (3/31/20).” The two are not coincidental.
       I have been thinking of our Confederate Ancestors during this time, how they suffered the curses of war. Poverty, disease, starvation, and deprivation to name just a few. Read “War Crimes Against Southern Civilians” by Walter Brian Cisco to really get an idea of what they went through (and to get your blood boiling!).
       Yet during the War, thousands of soldiers came to Christ. People met in their homes, even in the woods to hold Church. Our ancestors understood that God was in control and to, “…not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today” (Exodus 14:13).
       Take a moment today and read Psalm 91. Read it out loud and “say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, in whom I trust’ (1-2).  GOD IS IN CONTROL!
Remember those on our prayer list.

No comments:

Post a Comment