Saturday, January 28, 2012

Why We Remember...Pledges & Creeds



SALUTE TO THE ALABAMA FLAG

Flag of Alabama, I salute thee, to thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life.

ALABAMA'S CREED
I believe in Alabama, a state dedicated to a faith in God and the enlightenment of mankind; to a democracy that safeguards the liberties of each citizen and to the conservation of her youth, her ideals, and her soil.  I believe it is my duty to obey her laws, to respect her flag and to be alert to her needs and generous in my efforts to foster her advancement within the statehood of the world.

SALUTE TO THE CONFEDERATE FLAG
I salute the Confederate Flag with affection, reverence, and undying devotion to the cause for which it stands.

LT. GEN. S. D. LEE'S CHALLENGE TO THE SCV
"To you, Sons of Confederate Veterans, we submit the vindication of the Cause for which we fought; to your strength will be given the defense of the Confederate soldier's good name, the guardianship of  his history, the emulation of his virtues, the perpetuation of those principles he loved and which made him glorious and which you also cherish.  Remember, it is your duty to see that the true history  of the South is presented to future generations."
Lt. Stephen D. Lee, Commander General, United Confederate Veterans, 1906

PLEDGE OF THE SCV
We Sons of Confederate Veterans pledge ourselves to perpetuate the memory of our Confederate Ancestors, who by their sacrifices established the Confederate states of America and fought to preserve their declared independence. 

SCV CLOSING
Until we meet again, let us remember our obligations to our forefathers, who gave us the undeniable birthright of our Southern Heritage and the vision, desire, and courage to see it perpetuated.

1 comment:

  1. Great site, great articles, thank yall for this site. I read it with great respect for the flag and the respect our veterans deserve.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete