Sunday, November 15, 2020

Prattville Dragoons Chaplain's Column for November

 Chaplain’s Column  - Anxious Times for Our Nation and Ourselves

I am typing this on Election Day. I have prayed and voted and I hope you did both as well. I have also been in prayer and scripture over the last weeks and have asked for God to bless the results of this election for all offices.

   Now we all anxiously await the results.

   Wait, why would we be anxious if we know God is in control?

   Philippians 4:6 reminds us, “In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know unto God” (ASV).

   Easier said than done, right?  I know. But you will notice in the above scripture the word thanksgiving. At the end of this month we have a holiday by that same name where we gather around the table with family and friends and give thanks to God.       

   I was reminded at Church recently that while me may not get what we want when we want it, but God is on the throne and has a plan for your life. I was also reminded that there are people out there right now who are praying for what you and I already have.

   We may not get the answer we want or when we want it, but let us gather around the table this Thanksgiving and “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His gracious love exists forever” (Psalm 107:1) (ISV).    

   I ended last month’s column with these words and felt they needed to be said once more: gentlemen, do not spend all your time on the worries of the world and Man, but rather get in to the Word. Make sure you are spending each day in prayer and reading your Bible. Remember, He wants a relationship with you!  And while you are in worship with Him, Please pray for our country, the State of Alabama, our organization and camp.

Amen.

 

May God continue to watch over you and your families and protect you all.

And may God save the South!

Remember those on our prayer list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment