Sunday, August 8, 2021

Prattville Dragoons Chaplain's Column for August 2021

 

Chaplain’s Column  - Help Is On The Way

“God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people and continue to help them.” Hebrews 6:10 (NIV).

 

“Help is on the way…”

TobyMac, contemporary Christian singer/ entertainer.

 

   Most of the folks reading this may not listen to contemporary Christian music. I am recent convert to it and the above song by singer TobyMac is called “Help is on the way.” It has become my “go-to” song when all feels lost. He sings about the loss of his son and that in those dark times God has never failed him. He finishes the song by reminding us that God will never abandon us and that, indeed, help is on the way.

   I heard this song on the way to work the other morning. Once I got there I was given a Herculean task to complete. I honestly did not know how I was going to complete it. Then, my co-workers, most of whom are recent additions to the staff, jumped in without me asking. Soon, the task was completed. I thought of this afterwards and was embarrassed that I had doubted that God would send help.

   How many times do we doubt God and His ability to help? I heard John Ed Mathison preach at Frazer Church this weekend. He reminded us that every time you tell God how big your problem is, to instead remind your problem(s) how big your God is. We are the only ones who limit God’s capacity to help us in any given situation.

   We read in Hebrews that God will always come to us when we help others and when we need help. Remember, sometimes God sends us help and sometimes He sends us as the help.

   And how many times have we felt we are “too far gone” to ask for help? Only we are limited in that capacity. The Bible reminds us that we must humble ourselves and ask God for help. But, we must ask! And we must wait for the answer patiently.

   As the above song says, “it may be days, it may years, it may be a lifetime of fallen tears.” But help will come.

   Fast, Pray, and let God take over and see  those miracles unfold.

   Help is on the way!

 

May God continue to watch over you and your families and protect you all.

And may God save the South!

No comments:

Post a Comment