Sunday, July 12, 2020

Prattville Dragoons Chaplains Column for July 2020 - Welcomed, Not Condemned

Chaplain’s Column  - Welcomed, not Condemned
I hope everyone is doing well and safe.
I don’t know about you, but lately I haven’t felt very welcome.
As a matter of fact, watching the news and social media the last few weeks, I feel like I and my Southern Brethren are constantly being condemned.
And for what? For loving and cherishing our ancestors.
But not by God! Thanks to the gift of  the blood of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, we are not condemned, but loved and cherished.
Isaiah 61:7 tells us that, “instead of your shame, you shall have double honor.” 
The Bible also reminds us that “…there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1).
We obviously cannot ignore the world we live in, but we will continue to honor our “Godly Heritage” and we can have solace and hope in the fact that we are loved by God and that He has conquered the world.
May God continue to watch over you and your families and protect you all.
And may God save the South!
Remember those on our prayer list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment