Sunday, May 10, 2020

Sons of Confederate Veterans Prattville Dragoons Camp 1524 Chaplains Column for May 2020 - A Godly Heritage of Freedom


I hope everyone is doing well and safe.
As I write this, I am watching folks on TV and radio who have had enough! Protests around the county, including one right here in Montgomery, featuring our very own Will Dismukes as a speaker!
Much like our Confederate ancestors, these men and women of today have decided that they will exercise their rights to protest the ever over-reaching arm of the government. As Genesis 48 reminds us, we do indeed have a “Godly Heritage.”
In keeping with God’s word, Galatians 5:1, we are told that, “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.”
Do not have a sense of fear. Over 150 years ago, Southerners, who had had enough of a terrible tyrannical government, went off to war with a desire to fulfill the promise of God to be free and protect their homes, families, and communities.
In the poem, The Love of Dixie, Orion T. Dozier reminds us how it is a gift from God to live in Dixie:
Then suddenly, as the lightning’s light,
Dispels the darkness of the night,
My grief has fled, my cares had sped,
The world was bright, my heart was light,
And from my very soul I said:
“I’m glad I live in Dixie.”

May God continue to watch over you and your families and protect you all.
And may God save the South!Remember those on our prayer list.

No comments:

Post a Comment