|Clay Model for N.B.Forrest Bronze Bust|
Indian Hill Cemetery
Adjacent to this cemetery, circa 1834, on the south side, stood Indian Hill Church, Sabbath School, and Academy, part of a community that predated Prattville. First known burial is Brantley J. Cheek, who died in 1840. Lt. A. Y. Smith, who accepted the company flag from Abigail Holt at the Prattville Male and Female Academy before the Prattville Dragoons went away to war in April 1861, is buried here, along with at least four other Confederate veterans: Dixon Sasnett Hall, Julius Thornton Rice, Luther Searcy Rice, and G. Z. Wood. Students who attended school here and later became prominent in Prattville and Autauga County included Samuel Parrish Smith, Prattville's first doctor, and Jesse J. Cox, steamboat captain and first captain of the Prattville Dragoons.
Indian Hill Cemetery is maintained by the Prattville Dragoons, Camp 1524
National Sons of Confederate Veterans