Sunday, August 17, 2014

Brigade Commander Change of Command

From the Camp Dispatch, Dragoon and former Brigade Commander Bill Myrick addresses Camp 1524 and hands over the reigns to Dragoon and new Brigade Commander David Brantley.



Current Brigade Commander's Term Winds Down
            The end of my second term as Southwest Central Brigade Commander is winding down.  It has been a rewarding and learning experience.  I have observed at close quarters the workings of the Alabama Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.  I have seen and voted on the spending of the Division's money.  The Division Executive Committee is a working example of how our country is supposed to work.  Not everyone gets their way nor do things come out the way you want all the time.  That's okay.  It's the way it's supposed to be.  I have represented my Brigade to the best of my ability.  I, as before, never said I would be the best, only that I would do my best.  I am confident that I am passing the reins to a most able replacement in Compatriot David Brantley.  I will be at the ready anytime he needs assistance or advice.
            I am glad to accept the role of Quartermaster.  I will continue to serve the Camp and Division in any way that I can.  I thank everyone who has assisted me over the past four years.
Sincerely,
William T. Myrick
 

No comments:

Post a Comment