Have you ever heard it said, “The one who dies with the most toys wins?” When I was unsaved and living in this world without Jesus in my heart I believed in that philosophy. Now that I am saved, older and, I would like to think, much wiser, my perspective on life has taken a drastic turn.
Turning to our Bibles, Romans 12:2 says the following: “Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.”
I now have a new measurement for success. Success is the progressive realization of the will of God in our lives. It’s not about the most toys, money, health, or how famous you are. Turning once again to our Bibles, look at Micah 6:8 which says “He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?” This explains what God requires of you. Psalm 37:4 says “Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart”. This is telling us what God requires of us.
May I suggest that, if you have the distorted belief that I once had, consider changing your philosophy in life and let Jesus take charge. I have found life to be happier and I pray you will too.
Please remember the following in your prayers:
1. Jeff Potts
2. James & Ann Spears
3. Bobby Carter & wife Merrill
4. James Little's wife Nita
5. David Brantley's wife Jennifer
6. Allen Herrod
7. Whitson Waldo (Stuart Waldo's father) - cancer
8. Wayne Sutherland - back problems
9. Past Division Commander David Allen - kidney stones
10. John Durden's son (David Fail) - TIA
11. Cecil Williamson - continued health problems
12. Wyatt Willis - recovering from broken ankle
13. JJ Oakley - breathing problems
14. Billy Parker - recovering from injuries suffered in fall
15. Billy Parker's son-in-law Stan Stuckey - recovering from heart attack.
16. Leonard Wilson - recovering from hip-replacement surgery
17. Family of Bill Myrick's brother-in-law Earnest "Buster" Liles, who recently passed away
18. James Whittington - back surgery, pain and need to return to job
Yours In Christ,