Thursday, February 26, 2015

Historic Marietta - Hilton Hotel and Conference Center on the Grounds of the Georgia Military Institute, a Photo Journal Part 2

On the grounds of the Hilton Marietta Hotel and Conference Center is one of the few remaining antebellum homes remaining in the Atlanta area, the Brumby Hall, circa 1851. The home was constructed to house the Superintendent of the Georgia Military Institute, Colonel Arnoldus V. Brumby.  The house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.  The front entrance includes stately columns and a porch across the width of the house. The foyer has stairs with wood treads matching the hardwood floors on the right side and a hall leading to the back porch on the left side. To the right of the foyer is a formal dining room which has wonderful period furnishings including a dining table,china cabinet, and serving tables as well as oil paintings adorning the walls with a chandelier hanging from the ceiling.  To the left of the foyer is a sitting room with fireplace again decorated with period furnishings including two sofas and two sitting chairs with tables and additional paintings.  The back of the home has an enclosed porch which had tables set with linen tablecloths for the next event.  The home is used for special events including weddings and formal dinners.  Around Brumby Hall are numerous gardens including a rose and boxwood gardens and others which provide areas with paving stones and decorative garden structures and fountains which provide additional settings for special events including weddings and concerts. A beautifully restored and preserved home, a piece of history on the grounds of the Hilton Hotel overlooking old lush magnolia trees and historic Marietta Georgia.
Brumby Hall

Boxwood Gardens on the Ground of Brumby Hall

Brumby Hall Rose Garden, Dormant in Early February in Marietta

Foyer of Brumby Hall

Formal Dining Room of Brumby Hall

Sitting Room of Brumby Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment